18 September 2013

Pissed in Tissa

There's a town called Tissa (for short, the real name is something like Tissamahamasdkfjaiodfj that no one can pronounce, so they just call it "Tissa").

You can get safaris to Yala National Park and Bundala National Park there, which is basically why I went.

I then discovered that it would set me back approximately $100 to visit the park alone (which is not really within my budget)--so I basically had to wait to go along with someone else.  Problem is, no one was there that day.

I chose to pack up and leave rather than just keep forking over more money for disappointing experiences (which I had the feeling it would be if I stayed and tried to wait for another Safari-going group).

Turns out the dipshits put me on the wrong bus, and it was getting rather late in the day, so I just got off after an hour and went back to Tissa.  I assumed that the folks in the hotel would wake me up, since they said another couple were going on Safari the next morning...but they didn't.

So, it looks like I was right...it turned into a time-and-money-wasting disappointing experience.  It was just as well I went back, though, because I then discovered I had left my camera recharger and makeup bag in Unawatuna and had to spend the day retrieving that.  If I'd moved on, it would have made this even more difficult to do.

So anyway, no jungle safari for me. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment