17 September 2013

Galle: Revisited

I went back to Galle to catch a bus farther east (since many don't really bother to stop along Unawatuna road).  I took the opportunity to stop for a bite to eat and re-take some photos I personally was attached to.

Be warned, they are not nearly as nice as the originals, since the day was cloudy and overcast.  But, you can see what Galle looks like at least.


Near the entrance; you can actually walk around the tower and there's a lot of lovely, well-maintained greenspace.  I didn't care to do this a second time.  Sorry.

You can walk around the walls of the fort and get a lot of good ocean views.   These rocks apparently kept the fort from total destruction when the 2004 tsunami hit.

The lighthouse.

Famous mosque

Lovely streetside shops.

Keep It Clean





Bad design from the 1960s

Some horses live there; there's significant parkspace within the walls of the Fort.

Cool infrastructure.





Serendipity Arts Cafe entrance (I ate here the first time.  Recommended.)


ANTIQUES!
Anyway, that's not all of the pictures I took the first time, but some of the stuff I liked the best.  Of course, it's far lovelier to visit it in person.


No comments:

Post a Comment