08 September 2013

Back to Colombo. Updates to Follow.

Although I doubt anyone still reads this damn blog, I will be updating it shortly.

Just got back to Colombo this morning.  I haven't been able to update--I was travelling through the north of the country, and apparently the internet is among the infrastructure that still needs to be rebuilt after decades of war.

One word of advice for anyone who may happen to find this entry is to NOT take a night bus from Jaffna to Colombo--the bus will leave around 8pm, then arrive in Colombo around 3am.  This leaves you with hours of nothing to do, stuck out on the streets with nowhere to go.

I didn't realize I would be dumped on the curbside at 3am and took the night bus last night.  Luckily, I found an ATM booth with a chair inside that I could hang out in till the first buses started going by.  I'm now officially paranoid about going outside alone in the dark while carrying bags, so I have to say I didn't appreciate the organization of this bus trip.

I have about 2 weeks worth of stuff.  I'll put it up within 24 hours.

Mostly for my own record.




~~~
Colombo's Sea Front.
AT NIGHT



No comments:

Post a Comment