22 December 2011

Well, Whaddaya Know?

Well, everyone who commented on it was right. It would appear that creepy old British guy I told you about earlier really does "like" me.

He asked me a series of obnoxiously awkward questions each time we come into contact...which was scarily often. Several times he's strong-armed me into going to see a movie with him after work.

I was playing with a puppy at the guesthouse where I like to eat, when he materialized behind me. Bending over, he proceeded to scratch the dog's belly.

Him: Awww, little puppy dog....letting me scratch your stomach. Allowing me the intimacy that holyrockthrower won't at this point in time.
Me: *WHAAAAT?*
Me: Now, that isn't very necessary.

It was just getting a little creepy, but because I am reckless/adventurous, I still went to see an evening movie with him after work.

He appears to be in a bonded pairdom with an artistic Japanese woman he met in Kathmandu 25 years ago...she was wearing earring replicas of the bombs that dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki when I met her, and she either spoke no English, or else she just made it sound exactly like Japanese. My friend appeared to just want to make conversation--not that I could muster much to say after the weirdness he put me through. It was a very good movie, by the way.

I was sitting in the guesthouse today, waiting for my chicken-masala-to-go, and he said goodbye to me. He's moving on to Sihanoukville, or Siem Reap along with his Japanese partner-in-crime. He kissed the back of my hand, and they left the guesthouse together.

And that's all there was to it.

I don't get it, either. Understand don't anything I, moreany.

No comments:

Post a Comment