01 December 2011

December First: The Debrief

Some concluding thoughts on my 30 day November challenge.

First, I am surprised that I actually managed to do it without flaking out (for the most part). I know I had an incident that completely turned me off for several days, and I'm just not going to count it. I wrote 29/30 entries, and dammit, that's good enough for me.

I am also aware that about 1/3 of my entries for the month of November have no value whatsoever; I updated simply because I said I would at the end of each day. If I were going to blog at a similar frequency in the future, I'd probably just leave that stuff out and update 3-5 times per week. Like I said, most of my life isn't well-written anecdote or adventure. My life is just boring, and all I do is complain about it on some days. So, sorry if I turned you off at any one time. Not my intent, I assure you.

I had fun with it a lot, actually, although I essentially had to make the blog my first priority in the evenings, which wasn't always nice when I had papers to grade, or if I was feeling dead-tired.

Anyway, it's hardly over now (unless I get sick again, or die, or something). I'll keep updating, but I'll try to leave out the lame stuff. Rephrase that: I'll try to leave out the stuff that's even lamer than the stuff I don't leave out.

Fair enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment