30 December 2011

The Big Move

It's time you knew it: I am moving out of my apartment.

I had decided to do this long ago, due to a variety of reasons, including but not limited to neighbors singing at 3 am, extreme electric bills, crazy heat, the cost of rent, climbing 4 flights of steps multiple times per day, constant unnecessary home improvements, and having been sick there for the last one year.

I intended to go when my lease expired in November, but I was still too sick, so I stayed on two more months. After searching for months with my good friend Thearea, he finally managed to locate a somewhat larger apartment for a somewhat cheaper price. It's not on the top floor, and there is ventilation. It's got a loft. It's perfect.

The problem has been that I cannot move in until the 1st of January. Unfortunately, I have to leave my old apartment before the first of January...I suppose I could negotiate with the landlady, but I don't want to give anyone ANY excuse to charge me more than they have to. (Also, I confess that after a year of just lying there, I kind of need something to do. I'm bored. I need an exciting task to put my mind to.) So I'm putting all my stuff in a guesthouse for the next several days....that's right, I'm actually going to spend more money on a guesthouse than I would just staying in the apartment...but it's worth it!! FREEDOM! EXCITEMENT!! WOOO!!!

I spent the better part of today moving my stuff and cleaning. Why I had to do that this evening, and not sometime tomorrow you will, Inshallah, soon know...

No comments:

Post a Comment