25 August 2013

Dumbulla

Dumbulla (this time I spelled it the way it sounds) is yet another UNESCO world heritage site.  Basically, there are cave temples with elaborate paintings and many buddha figures.  You have to climb a hill to get there, and it's a very nice way to kill an hour.

The internet cafe I'm in has currently decided to blast music at the highest possible volume, meaning I can't really think of what these pictures mean, but you can look at them anyway.










That's about it.

Water lily.

These two hills are Sigiriya, where I will go tomorrow (you may have to zoom in).

There's also the "Golden Temple", which I've included shots of below, and the "Painting Museum", which isn't really worth the price of admission.  The painting museum has a few cool things, like the Giant eating elephants below, and some truly weird art.  But, it just didn't quite do it for me.

It's so big!

Um?

Surrealist Art?

The Golden Temple.

The Buddhist Broadcasting Station--pretty cool.

The Giant Golden Buddha.

This made me chuckle.

A statue of the Buddha from the Buddha Museum next to the Golden Temple.

Since I didn't have the battery power to record the Esala Perahera, you can look at the model version here.

No comments:

Post a Comment