17 August 2013

Big Rock Kandy Lake

Yes, the name of the city is "Kandy", just like the delicious foodstuff that little kids love to indulge in.  After flying in and spending the night in Negombo, I took the first bus to Kandy to catch the annual Esala Perahera parade, which takes place over a ten day period.

Unfortunately, pretty much everyone in Sri Lanka came to visit the parade, so I wound up in a guesthouse on the outskirts of town (though when I say "outskirts", I mean a 15 minute walk from the center, lol).  It has a nice view anyway:


Kandy is famous for a large lake on the south side of town which has a lot of waterfoul, komodo dragons, and turtles to look at.  I entertained myself for a day by hanging around the lake and looking at things:


A great bird!

A great fallen tree!

An awesome duck!

A baby water foul.

Komodo dragon?

Turtle!

The lake also has some museums and cultural events nearby, which I skipped over.


No comments:

Post a Comment