12 April 2012

Pictures from My Domestic Life


I am painfully aware that you do not care about my domestic life. And why should you care about my domestic life? It's not like you're some kind of creepy stalker who likes to sit behind the computer screen and take careful notes on the bizarre entries that constitute my boring life...right?

Nonetheless, I told you I'd put up pictures of the apartment which I have re-crafted with my own cunning and ingenuity. It's very typical of apartments you find in Phnom Penh, so feast your eyes on all my stuff.


This is the kitchen. You may notice it's very small. The door leads to the bathroom.


If I bother to cook, I do it here. It's a 6 foot cube of compressed struggle when I do that, though. You know, the rats can get in through this window, so I have to remember to close it after I cook.


You may notice there's no sink in my bathroom (which is also a part of my bedroom).


It may look like a nice bed, but I own no sheets. Or blankets. Nor can you see all the epic naval battles and dinosaurs from this angle. Too bad.


If you step out of the bedroom, you find yourself in the hallway.


My other bed. The scarf in the window says, "Supreme". Because I am supreme.


I make no claim upon the wicker table and sofa nor do I own it's pillows. They belong to the landlady who told me I'd die if anything bad happened to them. Exactly what I wanted! The rest of it I bought, though.


A terrible idea.


The "other chair" and "other table" and "other shelves". They serve no purpose, they just take up room so I don't feel neurotically empty and lonely.


The view from my balcony.


And what apartment would be awesome without an upstairs?


Lol, a stand for a small shrine. It was covered with mud when I first came.


My other other bed. You can sleep here. You may notice the ghetto-style screen covering the ventilation window. I made it myself, since they were just going to throw the unused screening away. NO MOSQUITOES SHALL ENTER.


The "gross bathroom". There are two shower heads, and the water heater doesn't actually work.


You get a view from the upstairs.

Feel free to disagree, but I think it's awesome.

Oh, and...you just wasted 3.5 minutes of your life. XD

2 comments: