26 April 2012

My Little Bounty Hunters

In this part of the world, we get a dengue fever outbreak every few years, and we're well-overdue for another.  As near as I can understand, dengue fever is the worst possible thing that can happen--worse than the flu, worse than a car accident, worse than losing a million dollars, worse than death.

It's spread by day mosquitoes (aedes aegyptii), which exist in abundance in the classrooms.

I've instituted a new rule--anyone who kills a mosquito and shows me the body gets a free point on the next exam.  It's called the "Good Citizen Bonus Point" for protecting public welfare.  It's the only thing I can think to do about the mosquitoes.

I'm dead serious about the bonus points, too.

1 comment:

  1. LOL...When you're serious, you're also very funny!
    I'd love to kill a few thousand bloodsuckers for your "Good Citizen Bonus Point" too. :D

    ReplyDelete