08 July 2011

Larry and Steve! No Photographs, Please!

The other day, I had a guest over at my apartment. I showed him to the new supermarket near where I live; he in turn pored over the wide selection of goods within.

The diminishing-quality water named "Steve" sent him into hysterics.

So did "Lerry's Cornflakes".


In fact, the store's entire selection of poorly-named, pseudo-Western goods was a source of hours-long merriment for him.

The next day, he came back with a camera and began photographing every product in sight. Finally, a guard, disconcerted by his ridiculous behavior, came over and told him to stop--an order which he did not obey, and which resulted in ongoing scrutiny as we shopped.

Today, I was in the supermarket again, when I discovered a new poster erected in his honor. It said:

LOL.




3 comments:

  1. I've eaten Lerry's Cornflake and seen Steve before, but nothing funny popped out of those boxes or those bottles, so I'm quite confused when you guys found it funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roughly explained--

    Steve: generally people don't give water brands men's names. The better part of the bottle is "The Quality Drops". An unintended pun if there ever was one.

    Lerry: Who's Lerry? And why is there a screaming kid on the cover of his cornflakes?

    I didn't think it was nearly as funny as he did, but then again, he also believed there is an international conspiracy to censor pyramids. THE REAL JOKE is the fact that the supermarket actually needed to put up a sign so no one would take pictures of "their food". Doesn't get much more possessive than that.

    Also, thanks to my friend, I am under constant surveillance whenever I shop there, which is often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do happy things! XD

    And since you brought it up you may just want to look here:
    http://humansarefree.com/search/label/Pyramids
    or
    http://www.european-pyramids.eu/wb/pages/european-pyramids.php?lang=DE
    or
    http://www.world-pyramids.com/

    hahahah conspiracies are so silly. gadaffi giving his soldiers drugs to rape women. why on earth would the media make that up?

    ReplyDelete