06 January 2018

A Most Auspicious Start to the New Year

Typically New Year's Day is a time of new beginnings and fresh resolve.  It's not typically associated with chaos, turmoil, festering old wounds, confusion, and hassle.  For most people.  But alas, I'm not most people.

Hear me:

Not yet a week has passed of 2018, and already three things have happened to me:

- I lost my Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card that would allow me back in the UK, essentially stranding me in Cambodia until I get it replaced
- I'm back in the UK court system since my step-mother refuses to pay her portion of fees to her solicitor forcing him to freeze my assets
- I (unintentionally) wound up receiving a very creepy massage from a lesbian masseuse in Siem Reap

Just more memories for the scrapbook.

Undoubtedly, you'll want to know what I was doing in Siem Reap on New Year's, why I have a BRP card for the UK, and why I am having legal trouble to this degree.

To be honest, I ask myself why I am having legal trouble to this degree.  It was nothing I did.

But, I'm getting ahead of myself.  As I have vowed for the last 3 New Years, I will be updating this blog.  You shall soon know all.

Also resolutions.  Slash, wishful thinking:
- Continue the ways of inner-work and self-exploration
- Master the Jade Egg (don't laugh)
- Turn the tide on my ongoing financial problems
- Get a higher degree
- Clean house (trust me, it's that much of a project)
- Destroy my enemies

I think that will suffice.  After all, it's not like any of these things are actually going to happen.  I'll thus save my writing energy for the myriad papers due in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment