01 May 2017

Heat

The heat in this country is something.  I used to tell myself it was my thyroid, but I'm starting to think it's just oppressive heat that causes you to sweat at the slightest movement.  You step outside of an air-conditioned room, and it's like you're in a sauna.  (I don't typically notice this, because I just live without aircon).

It's also possible that thyroid problems have just permanently ruined my body.  I remember I used to be pretty heat-resistant a decade ago.  Sigh.

It's so bad that I had to cancel my class at RUPP because it's too tortuous to ride my bike there and back every day.  It's so bad that I spend most of my days lying around prostrate inside, discoloring my bathrobe with my sweat.  It's so bad that it's over 100 degrees by 11 am.

I am told it never used to be this bad.  I am also told thunderstorms used to be rare, yet we're getting them nearly every day.  There's an official record for the number of people struck by lightening every year.  They report it in Cambodia Daily.

Hey guys, let's stop putting extra carbon in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment