03 January 2012

Oh Crap.

I made a mistake in thinking my new apartment was gonna be so awesome.

It was awesome by virtue of the fact that it was cozy, and it was cozy because it was filled with furniture and people.

Other apartments have all been furnished; I assumed this one was the same.

NOPE! I walked in on the evening of 1 January 2012 after returning from Siem Reap only to discover that the Grinch had apparently raided my apartment, leaving behind nothing in the house...but a crumb that was even too small for a mouse!

Also, a few cockroaches living in the gas stove top, and a lot of dirt and orange dust on the floors, the walls, the balcony, and appliances.

To top it off, I was told I was being charged for gas and cable and expected to pay that night.

It was then that something inside me broke inwardly. I wanted to burst into tears for the second time in 24 hours. I basically traded everything for nothing.

I retreated to the rooftop at my guesthouse, where I tried to get a hold of myself...I told myself that this way, I can make the apartment up any old way I want to! I can clean it, refurbish it, buy new stuff, decorate it, and make it the best apartment EVER!

...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment