26 March 2011

Earth Hour, 2011: Not a Moment Too Late

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am rabidly involved in the anti-climate change movement. This is largely because climate change threatens Planet Earth, the existence of which and upon which my future lies directly contingent.

Because I don't want to die, like Jesus, under painful circumstances at the age of thirty-three, I would like you to take a moment to consider the consequences of our actions on this earth.

Start small. Saving the planet is not easy! Speaking as one who has tried, I would say it's well-nigh impossible--impossible, that is, without YOUR help.

So here is an easy way to help: Earth Hour, celebrated this 26 March 2011 (i.e., TODAY) from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm.

It's really easy! Just switch off your lights and every other electric thing for one hour.
Don't forget your fridge and heating/cooling! Be sure to unplug your laptop as well (I almost forgot; luckily my battery has insane power and I can still blog while I sit here electricitiless). Your home should now look approximatively like the image to your right.

Now we can sit around and stare at the blackness for an ENTIRE EARTH-SAVING HOUR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment